Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wedding Update--Finally!

I think we would all agree that Love Like a Hurricane is looooong overdue for a wedding update!
So let me tell you all that is new in the life of Matt and Austin's wedding!

Actually, we're gonna go back a bit because I forget how far I had last gotten!

Who:
Matt Huston and Austin Rogers.

Wedding Party:
For the men:
Scott Leavens-Best man.
Tim Smith-groomsman.
Ryan Knight-groomsman (brother in law).
Nathan Huff-groomsman.
Shane Rogers-groomsman (my brother).

For the ladies:
Miriam Cooper-Matron of Honor.
Shelby Brown-Maid of Honor.
Kylie Huston-Bridesmaid (sister in law).
Kaylla Rutledge-Bridesmaid.
Sarah Lurry-Bridesmaid.

Ring Bearer:
To be announced... 
(we know who we want but we are too far away to ask just yet)

Flower Girl:
To be announced...
(same)

Location:
Pickering Barn in Issaquah, Washington!

When:
August 3, 2012.

Theme:
Rustic-Vintage with a touch of country.

Okay, now that the basics are out of the way...
Lets get into the details.

For the ladies:

I bought my dress! I found it at a pre-owned wedding dress consignment shop called Blue Sky Bridal.
It is gorgeous. (Well I think so). But it is about 2-3 sizes too big still.
I am getting it altered when I get back to Washington in May!
(So clearly I am working my bootay off at the gym so I can make sure it's 3 sizes too big ;] )
Unfortunately I can't share anything else because the groom might see and we can't have that.
I know I want to wear a birdcage veil for the ceremony!
My bridesmaids and myself are all going to be rocking cowboy boots!
The girls are going to be in either yellow or peach/coral short dresses.
For my hair I am kind of stuck between down and up. 
I'd love to hear your opinions!

For the men:
Last week we just decided that we think we want to do suits instead of tuxes for the men.
I am thinking kind of mismatched suits with ties and vests that match their lady counterparts.
With of course black shirts underneath (because I love love love that look).

Matt and I are trying to figure out which they should wear to flatter the cowboy boots... 
Anyone have any ideas?

Progress:

We have sent our Save-the-Dates, well most of them.
If you haven't gotten one and were expecting one--don't be offended, we've been huge slackers in getting those out to everyone (stamps are expensive!) 
And if you're worried you won't get on, let me know and I will probably reassure you that you will :]
We are having a joint wedding shower--with Kylie and Ryan (Matt's sister and her fiancé)--with Matt's family in Ohio over Easter weekend!
For those family members who can't make it out to Washington!
We are so excited to start our wedding partying!
We have finally registered!
Mostly everything by now... Although we keep adding stuff we forget about!
There is so much you need starting off a home!
(If you know of anything you don't think we would have thought of... let us know please!)
We registered at Target and Macy's.
Wendy has gotten her dress for the wedding!
Now we gotta get my Mom one.
(If you know my mom at all... You are on the same page as us wondering if we will get her in a dress).
We know our photographer!
Sarah Richardson is a friend of the family and incredibly talented!
Not to mention super awesome and we are so excited to spend the day with her!
Check out her blog here to get an idea of how cool she is!
We are finally talking about a honeymoon!
We have been soaking up every second of the 80 degree weather here in Lynchburg lately!
Don't judge us, we don't see the sun until after the 4th of July back home!
You think I'm kidding, too.
With all this hot weather we are daydreaming about honeymoons.
What we are thinking, is probably a cruise or just a week in the Caribbean!
We won't leave right after the wedding...
Because we'd only have like a week before school starts and we can't have that kinda stress.
So probably over winter or spring break.
If anyone knows about awesome deals... Let us know!
Also, if you have an awesome/terrible honeymoon experience... Please tell us, we love to hear of good places... and love to laugh at terrible stories ;]

Hmm.. I don't know what else you would like to know.
This is about as far as we've gotten.
And I can't really think of anything else we can do before we get home and closer to the location.

Hope you appreciate the update!
Sorry it took so long!

Also, you should all know that yesterday Matt and I have been dating officially for two years!
(why you should know that, I don't know. But I wanted to tell you anyway!)

Happy Weekend!

love, love, love,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment