Wednesday, March 7, 2012

150 Days of Psalms.

Hey guys! 
How is your Wednesday going so far?
Mine could definitely go by a little faster.
This week is seriously dragging on.
But of course what else would I expect when Spring Break is 2 days away?

Ah Spring Break.
So close, yet an entire Anatomy exam away.

I am taking a moment away from studying to tell you all about something awesome that Matt and I are doing!


As of yesterday we have (only!) 150 days until we get married!
So for the next 150 days we are going to read a Psalm a day.
Together we will read our daily Psalm, pray, and see what God has for us.

We are so excited to do this!
Yesterday was our first day, and it's awesome to see what God is already showing us through His word!

I want to encourage you to get into the Word!
At church this week our pastor challenged us to do a 21 day reading of the Gospel of John.
I am personally reading Exodus right now (because the Old Testament is important too!) so I'm not reading the Gospel of John, but I do think it is a good idea!
Like I said in my last post, 21 days is supposed to make a habit.
Since there are 21 chapters in the book of John it is an easy way to get in the habit of reading your bible daily. 

If you have a hard time getting into God's word, I recommend starting with just one chapter at a time. 
Psalms are actually really awesome, because they're short, extremely real, and you see so many layers to God and His character.

Do you have a hard time believing the bible is real? 
Or maybe you believe in the characters but not the stories in the bible.
Maybe you think it's all a lie.
Maybe you're an atheist.

If that's you, I challenge you to prove the bible wrong.
God doesn't mind a challenge.
If you are willing to question and challenge God, that means your heart is open to truth.


Challenge God.
Find out the truth for yourself.

Isaiah 55:11 tells us;
"So shall be my word that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed for which the thing I sent it."

Just open God's word.
He promises you'll get something out of it.

So that's what we are doing.

What could you do?

Blessings,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment