Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Healthy Eats.

Summer is on it's way.
Which means bathing suit season is on it's way.
And that also means my wedding is on it's way.

So clearly I getting pretty serious about my diet.

When I say diet I don't mean crash diet.
I don't mean cutting carbs.
I don't mean no fat. 

I have tried it all!
But I have learned how unrealistic it is to completely cut things out.
And I have learned through experience that honestly, the best thing you can do is eat healthy and exercise.

Pretty insightful, huh?
And all that advice for free ;]

Since I am always trying to eat healthy, I have had to broaden my horizons (and my taste buds) and try some new healthy foods!
I know it seems like everything that tastes good is bad for you... But here are some of my favorite snacks!

My top favorite health foods right now:

One:

Quinoa.
I am brand new to this phenomena.
The idea of whatever this stuff is definitely turned me off at first.
But yesterday I finally tried it and oh my goodness you guys let me tell you how delicious it is!
You need to try it! Trust me.
{Just don't ask me to pronounce it}

Two:

Feta.
This is one of my favorite favorite favorite foods.
It's definitely different than other cheeses, but so amazing.

Three:

Avocado.
This isn't new, I've always loved avocados.
But what is kind of new, is I have always liked guacamole much more than straight avocado.
Lately though I have been craving avocado! 
It's full of healthy fat so I have to force myself to limit my intake, but man I wish I didn't have to!

Four:

Mango.
My new weird health quirk: I have started eating the peel with my mango!
Sounds gross, but it is actually really good!
And the peel offers you antioxidants and vitamins you don't get from just the meat part!
Score! (try it and let me know what you think!)

Five:

Edamame.
Soy beans! If you haven't tried them, you should.
I loooooove edamame. And it's healthy!

Treat yourself right and try some of these delicious health foods!
Let me know if you find any of these and what you think!

Live Beautifully,
xo/Austin

3 comments:

  1. Ok so I don't know how healthy curry is but if you ever want to try it, curry mangoes are to die for! They are one of my favorite foods here in Trinidad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm yumm love it all!! Also hummus!! Mhmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing Ashley! I may have to figure out how to make that... And heidi that was number 6 on my list! lol i loooooove hummus. It's like a staple in my life. :]

    ReplyDelete