Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I Love, Love.


Two posts in ONE day?
I know, I know, I'm an overachiever.
I figured after a week off it wouldn't kill me to update extra this week.


Happy Valentines Day!
I don't know what your personal opinions of Valentines day are, but I'm going to share mine.

I love Valentines Day.
Not because I am engaged. 
{Though that doesn't hurt}
I have just always loved it.

In elementary school V-Day was my favorite holiday, by far.
Even over Christmas.
Maybe I'm just holding on to the "good 'ol times" a little too strong, because let's be honest, Valentines Day as an adult isn't nearly as great as it was when we were 8.


I can see where the V-Day haters get their hate from.

1. It would be unfortunate seeing everyone getting flowers and chocolates and what not while getting nothing. I get that.
2. And yes, Valentines Day is very much a holiday focused toward overcharging for low quality flowers and chocolates.
3. And I understand, you should tell you honey that you love them every day.

This is what I have to say to those arguments.

1. The best part of Valentines Day are the corny Valentines cards and candy... You can have that without a significant other.
2. Don't buy things then, make gifts or memories instead!
3. I don't see anything wrong with having a day to look forward to to be corny and loving. Yes, you should tell people you love them every day. But every other day you don't get candy or a card for it. What's so wrong with that?


Basically, my take on Valentine's Day is that yeah, it's kind of a lame and corny holiday. But I like it! It's very light-hearted and fun to tell people you love them! I love having things to look forward to, why should we make Valentines Day a day we dread?

If you don't like it, then don't celebrate. 
However, I personally will be loving every second of the Hello, Kitty and Transformers V-Day cards, and gross coconut filled chocolate candies and sugar gummy hearts.

You should be showing your love everyday though, so whether or not you celebrate Valentine's Day, how did you show someone you loved them today?

What is your personal Valentine's Day belief? Yay or Nay?

I love you!

Love&Kisses,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment