Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Second|Corinthians 4:18.

This morning during my quiet time reading my bible, I was reading in 2Corinthians..
This was the verse what really stood out to me today--

"...because we look not at what can be seen but what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal."

This really got me thinking. This specific verse is referring to heaven. This chapter of Second Corinthians is a lot about looking toward eternal life with God. But beside that, how many things can you think of that are everlasting that we cannot see?

  1. The Lord.
  2. Heaven.
  3. Love.
  4. Memories.
  5. Hope.
  6. Faith.
  7. Integrity.
  8. Compassion.
  9. Joy.
  10. Trust.
These are only ten of the hundreds of unseen treasures we are blessed with, but I don't think anyone would arugue with me when I say these are some of life's biggest blessings.

They say "The best things in life are free.." In a way, yes, I agree. The best things in life don't cost you money a lot of the time.
God loves you for free, but it's hard to give love freely--unconditionally.

God promises to be faithful--but its hard to have faith in someone other than yourself.

God provides you with compassion--but you must learn how to have compassion on others.

I could go on forever. The thing is, life itself and the afterlife--aren't completely free

They are offered to us freely, but like anything in life, we have to act to recieve these free gifts.

You aren't going to take a beautifully wrapped present from someone and then set it in your closet and never open it, are you?

Life is never a stand-still. With any of God's greatest gifts, you don't have to do anything to deserve it. But you do have to act on it.

You have to take the gift, and open the gift.

"...because we look not at what can be seen but what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal."

Open the gift.

xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment