Friday, September 16, 2011

God's Chisel.

They showed this video in my Evan class today. I have seen it before. But every time I see it it gets me!

How true is this? Don't we all have baggage God has to take care of for us?

I know I do. I think I get to a point where the baggage is all gone, and God opens my eyes to something else I have to give up to him.

I love that every time Tommy tries to tell God something, God already knows.

That is the truth. We forget that sometimes I think. We think that we need to hide something from God.
Because we are supposed to be all put together. Or because we have to live up to what other people tell us we have to live up to.

The truth for me and I think for all of us, is that we can't live up to perfection. God calls us to be perfect, but only to show us that it is impossible for us to be perfect on our own.

We may think we can take care of our baggage on our own, but it just starts to weigh us down. It takes over our lives and tells us that we are too messed up for love and for redemption.

In the video Tommy kept trying to control the situation.
Is that something you do? I know for sure it is something I do.
Every day I need to remind myself that I need to give up control of my life to God, who is the only one who can actually control effectively.

My favorite part of the entire video is whe God tells him "You can't let me down. You were never holding me up. I hold YOU up in this relationship."
So simple.
So true.

Thank God. Because if it is up to me to hold any kind of relationship together, I will fail every time.
I am broken, you are broken. We are from a broken world.

So thank God that he is the one who holds us up.

Thats all,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment