Friday, September 23, 2011

A Week in the Life.

...of your average college kid.

Friday:

Borrow an extremely kind friend's car for the afternoon and go shopping, job hunting, and Frozen Yogurt eating.

Afterward, go back to my dorm and bake for hours like the little Martha Stewart wannabe I really am. I made banana cookies, those oreo cupcakes I was telling you about, and peanutbutter cookies for Matt (they're his favorite.)

What did I learn from my baking experiences? I have a lot of work to do to become a Martha Stewart.

Saturday:

Set my alarm for 7 am so I can get a good chunk of studying in before the tailgating party. Turn my alarm off and sleep till ten. Wake up and kind of study, but mostly just raid Pinterest.

Go to the tailgate party! Have a blast and eat too much. Lose every game of Bocci Ball I play, meet Jerry Falwell, and co-win the dessert competition.

Go to the Liberty vs JMU football game--front row!

After Matt and I went to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse!

Sunday:

Slept in until 11! Studied all day. Stressed about a needing a car.

Overreacted over the stress and had a good cry.

Monday:

Went to classes and studied.

Oh and went to the gym.

That's all.

Tuesday:

Woke up sick... AGAIN.

Had two finals before noon.

ROCKED THEM.. kinda.

Slept for an hour.

Studied more.

Went to Hall Meeting at 10.

Studied more.

Slept.

Wednesday:

Woke up still sick.

Anatomy Lab Practical at 8 am (THAT'S JUST WRONG)

Convocation at 10. At Convo, we had Gracia Burnham speak. She was so inspirational and it really made you take a step back and reexamine what is important to your life!

Took my last final in GNED and relaxed for the rest of the day! Thankful to be done with exams.

I got a care package from Matt's mom!

Chruch that night, Clayton King continued on in his relationship series and it was so good!

Afterward Matt and I went to talk to him about how much we appreciate his sermon series and Matt wanted to invite him to ride quads soon!

Thursday:

Sick as a dog still.

In my first class, my least favorite teacher on campus subbed in for my teacher--great start to a day.

Finished through the school day--took a nap.

Read some wedding magazines, since I got 5 in the mail this week! Thanks to Wendy and Cindi!

I wrote some reply letters to the seven people who wrote me this week!

I watched Water for Elephants and part of Soul Surfer.

Then I went to the gym to end the night.

Friday:

Went to Ministry Chapel in the pouring down rain.

Went to GNED in the pouring down rain.

Went to Evan in the pouring down rain.

Went to Health class in the pouring down rain.

Came back to my dorm and changed into the warmest clothes I have!

So needless to say, I've had better weeks.

I'm so ready to not be sick anymore! I feel horrible.

But it was a learning week.

Like I learned that my roomates like to make fun of me for singing in the shower... not cool. ;]

And I learned that I really really really like mail.

And I learned that I think I am going to buy a wedding dress back home.
And I learned about missions and martyrdom since this week is "Mission's Week" at Liberty.

And I am continually learning about myself at my worst, and why I need God's help.

I learned how well Matt handles things when I am in a bad mood.

I learned how much working out makes things better!

Life at Liberty is going well, guys.

I miss home but it is worth it.

Thank you for the letters and the care packages, I love them so much!

Keep praying I could get a job!

Exciting news:
  1. Amy Ihde is having her baby today, maybe even has already had him. His name is Isaiah. And I cannot wait to meet him.
  2. Free Anberlin concert tonight!
Miss you all!

Chao,


xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment