Saturday, October 1, 2011

When I Feel Weak.


I don't know about you guys, but I sometimes have days when I feel too weak to do anything on my own. I feel like school stress is too much for me to handle. Or maybe it's with money, or family.

I am not a girl who likes to admit that I am weak. The last thing I want to be is that girl who can't do anything on my own. I don't want to ask for help--or admit that I am struggling with something.

I have always been the girl who can do it all on my own--and do it well.

I've never been the girl to ask for help when I know I can do it on my own.

I'm definitely not the girl who goes to others with my problems, weaknesses, or defeats.

I tend to keep those parts of my life to myself rather than putting them on blast for the rest of the world to see.

But the truth is, sometimes those moments of weakness, exhaustion, or failure happen.

I know I'm not the only one they happen to...

But I do my best to act like I am the only one they don't happen to.

Tonight I found this verse...

"...but he said to me 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.' So I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities for the sake of Christ; for whenever I am weak; I am strong." 2Corinthians 12:9-10
What a relief.

I am allowed to be okay with being weak.

Actually when I am weak, I am the strongest.

When we are weak God gets to really work in us. And how much stronger is Christ than we are?

Through this I am vowing to be confident in my weakness.

What about you?

Can you trust that God will show his power in your weaknesses?

Goodnight loves,

xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment