Monday, October 24, 2011

Be Excited.

There have been several days in my life when I have actually been excited to wake up.


Every Christmas since I was 5.
...
Take your daughter to work day in Elementary School.
...
Field Trip days.
...
Softball tryouts.
...
The day after Matt asked me to be his girlfriend.
...
Graduation.
...
When Matt asked me to marry him.

...And some more. But you get the idea.


The one I really want to focus on is when Matt asked me to marry him!

The day after he asked, I was sure I would never have a hard time waking up every again.

I thought the excitement of being engaged to the man I love would never fade and waking up everyday would be a privilege not a long, dreaded, process. 

(And I had to get up at 4 the next day!)

But as the days fade into weeks--then into months I realize that I am back into a slump of hitting the snooze button (over and over and over).

Not because I am not excited (because TRUST ME, I am).

More so because the euphoric feeling of being excited, thankful, and blessed has faded a bit (at least at 6 in the morning).

It seems easier to see the hard parts of life and I too often let them overshadow the good parts.


I was thinking about this last night thinking about having to wake up in "not enough hours," and I realized, why is every day waking up not exciting?

The fact that I am waking up at all should be considered a blessing in my eyes!

I should be thankful for my life even at 6 in the morning!

I am a daughter of God.
...
At an incredibly privileged university.
...
With the most amazing fiancé I could (and will) ever have!

If I had only one of those things to look forward to each day I should be bouncing out of bed excited to start a new day!

It excites me to think about what is in store for me every day when I think about it like this!

So my goal (and I'm saying this publicly so you all know I'm serious) is to wake up each day with an attitude of excitement, honor, and love.

I can only imagine that the rest of my day will follow suit!

Who's with me?

Question: What in your life should excite you every day, even in the morning?

Happy Monday,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment