Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wedding Update for the Weekend!

My bridesmaids have been selected!

I mentioned last week that I made a fun project in order to ask them, and here it is.

I borrowed the idea from Bethany at Rinse. Repeat.  {By borrowed I mean I took it and don't plan on giving it back!}


These were the project. {above is hers}.

The plan with the box is paint the box the colors of your wedding day, pop the question on the box, and fill the box with wedding excitement to give them an idea of what the wedding will be like, why you chose them, and of course what the dress situation is going to be.


{above: my boxes}

In my boxes I included an array of pictures I found on the many wedding blogs and Pinterest of course that I though gave the right idea of the feel we were going for for our wedding day.

Some of the pictures I included in the box:


I want the girls to be able to pick dresses that they like and that they would be willing to spend money on. I don't want them to get stuck with a dress they hate and have to buy because that's just what I say. I included some of these pictures to explain what I was thinking for dresses and for the theme, and this was one of the dresses I think is really cute for an example for them to go off of.


 This was to show what we were kind of thinking for the guys. We're not at all set on the men yet, so I also asked my girls for their input!


 This picture is to kind of show them what I am thinking with mismatched dresses! I don't want my wedding to be all uniform, I want them to be able to pick the color and style of dress that flatters them. (Because lets be honest, not everyone can pull off coral)


 This is another way to show them the mismatched idea!


This was to show them kind of the color scheme. Also I think you can tell so much about a wedding simply from the bouquet. This to me says vintage, rustic wedding!

So those were some of the pictures I included in the boxes. 

I also included a hand written note to each of them explaining why I chose them for what role. 

Bethany typed out different parts of the wedding that her girls might be curious about and I thought that was a great idea, so I did the same.


A uniform, why we chose them.
I made one for the dress.
The details.
What their "Requirements" are.

I also included a bliss dark chocolate piece to represent the "bliss" we were all to experience through our wedding day! ;]

And I included large hole punched dots from paint chips of the colors we are thinking of our big day.


It was so hard to pick only 5 girls for my wedding party, and the last thing I wanted to do was hurt anyone's feelings. I am so close to so many people, and I just had to choose the 5 that made the most sense for Matt and I for our wedding. 

I am so thankful to have so many amazing girl friends, and I love that we get to experience our wedding day with all of them whether or not they are in the wedding party!

Matt has chosen the guys too, so I guess we officially have a wedding party! {Not that our wedding was ever not going to be a party ;]} 

So just another thing to mark off the list!

I love planning for our wedding, and I love that I have so much help from so many people! 

Thank you all who are helping!

Love you so,
xo|Austin

5 comments:

  1. how super cute is everything lady!!!! this is so fun getting to see how your planning your wedding!! :)

    -Christan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is so fun PLANNING my wedding! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great way to ask!! I just might have to "borrow" this idea from you when it's my turn!! So happy for you Austin!! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it Kyndra! I was choosing between this and "popping the question" with ring pops! Also adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative, Austin! Your bridesmaids will never forget such a sweet and sentimental gesture. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete