Monday, October 10, 2011

What Makes Your Mom a Mom?

I just got off the phone with one of my favorite women on this planet, my mom.

She is hilarious, sarcastic, beautiful, and the hardest worker I have ever met.

Some awesome mom examples:

When I was younger, kids would tell me "Your mom is so pretty!" I once told my mom... It's nice that they think that... but I don't know what to say. I am not going to say "thank you" because it isn't my compliment to take. Her response to this was to say something along the lines of, "Thank you, I am often told I look just like her." Point mom.

You know those annoying sports moms? The ones who sit in the stands and brag about their kid while bashing every other player during the whole game? My mom was never that mom. She was the one who stood by herself (often looking unfriendly and unapproachable) so she wouldn't have to listen to the gossip.

She has modeled confidence for me my whole life.

She is great.

But you know what makes my mom a mom?


Since I was a kid, she has always been able to break an apple into two pieces with her bare hands. It's like the hulk in mom form. And it is still cool to me after all these years.

That is what makes my mom a mom.

And that is the one thing I must master before I am to become a mom (some day way off in the distance).

Question: What does your mom do that "makes her your mom?"

Can't wait to hear!
xo|Austin

1 comment:

  1. I love your Mom.... I agree, she's a great lady. :)

    ReplyDelete