Sunday, October 23, 2011

Take a Moment.

I don't know about you, but my weeks have been crazy lately.

I have school every day, homework, and tests.

I have coffee dates, prayer groups, and roomie bonding nights.

And I have money, car, and job problems.

It's sometimes hard for me to find a moment to sit down and relax.

I sometimes think I need to go-go-go in order to get what I need done. 


The truth is that it's better for me to take a moment every now and then to just chill.

To not plan anything, to not talk to any one, to not work on anything.

If we are always moving, always talking, always thinking, when can God tell us what we need to hear?

{At Beyond Malibu, we were assigned during a quiet time on top of Kingdom Come to just listen for every sound you hear.

We were in the middle of no where. There were no sounds. 

No cars. No sirens. No people. Nothing.

But as we sat there and listened, we all came up with a list of sounds we heard.

Creeks. Birds. Bugs. The inlet. Planes above us. And more.

When we all gathered to talk about what we heard, Mike explained to us the meaning of the exercise.

He said, "All these sounds were here the whole time, it just took you taking 5 minutes to actually listen for it. How are you going to hear God if you don't listen for him?"}

The thing is, sometimes we let being "busy" get in the way of what we should really be focusing on.

When I take a few moments out of my day to be at the expense of what God is trying to tell me, I always find I come out of that time feeling recharged and ready to finish the day strong.


So I encourage you today, take a moment from your crazy schedule.

Don't go on Facebook.

Not on Pinterest either.

And get off my blog. ;]

Sit in silence for 5 minutes and listen to every sound you hear. Write them down and at the end of the 5 minutes see what you have been missing.

Then ask God if he has anything to tell you. 

Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

The point is, take a break from life for a second.

You deserve it.

xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment