Friday, August 12, 2011

Bye bye, Beyond.

We went. We hiked. We conquered!
Beyond was insane.

But Awesome.

The hike we went on was called Long Pearks.

It was amazing.
We hiked 6 days and camped 5 nights.

The trip was hard. Harder than I thought it would be. Not too physically hard... But for me it was extremely emotionally draining.

I HATE heights. Let me say it again... I HATE THEM. I get extremely nervous about being in compromising high places, and that was a lot of what this trip held for me.
Examples:
  1. Going down a glacier.
  2. Traversing a bowl with a drop off.
  3. Rock climbing.
  4. Going over Knife Ridge, with a drop off on both sides.
It was a lot of anxiety for me.

But I must admit that although it was scary and hard and terrible at times, it was all worth it.

Some of my favorite parts:
  1. The quiet times we got to spend with the Lord.
  2. Digging into the Word on the top of a mountain.
  3. Listening to everyone's life stories.
  4. The encouragement coming from everyone.
  5. Getting closer the everyone on the trip.
  6. The laughs and inside jokes.
  7. The campsites--THEY WERE GORGEOUS.
  8. Sleeping under the most outrageous beautiful skies every night.
  9. The feeling of accomplishment when we got to the top.
  10. The feeling of jumping in the water at the end!
It was amazing. We all got so close by the end of the week and I truly believe our relationships will last a life time. We all pushed through the hardest times together, and got to know eachothers hearts so well.

On top of those mountains, everything is so peaceful and you really understand what matters.

Beyond was amazing, and so worth it.. But I think most of us agree that it was a one time thing.

Enjoy the amazing pictures!

xo/ Austin Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment