Thursday, August 18, 2011

Helloooooooo Virginia!

We are here! Here as in thousands of miles away from home!
Lynchburg Virginia to be exact.

It took two plane rides, a 4 hour layover, no sleep, no food, and a lot of luggage to get here, but here we are.

We left late Monday and arrived mid-day Tuesday in Lynchburg airport. Maybe the smallest airport I've ever seen.

Exciting Travel Notes:
  1. Both of my suitcases weighed 48. lbs and just barely missed the "too heavy" mark!
  2. I got to travel with my fiance!
  3. We didn't die!
  4. No crying babies.
  5. The coolest one.. During our 4 hour (FOUR HOUR) layover in Charlotte, we met some guys that have been travelling on the Dew Tour for BMX racing. They were sponsered by Monster. They gave Matt a water bottle, just cause. And one of them was the one leading the tour! It was kind of cool. Matt was starstruck as can be! The guys we met were Kyle Baldock and Garrett Reynolds. (And you better bet we googled them on my Iphone while we were waiting)
We got to move into our dorms Tuesday night, and I got to meet my roomates! They're very nice, and I definitely had a lot of resolved nerves when I finally met them. I am loving my dorm! Crazy, but I am.

And Liberty's campus is awesome. And gigantic. I swear I have never walked more in my life!

I loved waking up this morning and going for a run around campus! And boy is it hot here! It's wonderful!

Our dorm looks great and I am excited for this semester living with Christie and Amber!

I am learning lots and getting a ton done before classes on Monday!
I'll be around often to update!

Sending my love from Virginia!!


xo/Austin


No comments:

Post a Comment