Saturday, August 13, 2011

ENGAGED!

Matt and I are ENGAGED!!

And I could not be any more excited.

How did it happen?

[Matt told me he wanted to take me to a nice dinner before we go to school. So we both got dressed up and went to Issaquah for dinner at the Flat Iron Grill. Dinner was so good! We shared a dish that had steak, jumbo prawns, chorizo, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans. During dinner, I kept mentioning how I thought we should get one of the amazing homemade desserts from The Flat Iron Grill. But Matt just kept saying "No we have ice cream at home." So finally after he convinced me that ice cream would be the best, we left the restaraunt and walked back to the car. We had a nice walk back to the car by the train tracks in town and gardens and pretty little shops. When we got back to the car, we headed home.]

Now just imagine how I'm feeling.. The entire time at dinner and in Issaquah I have a little hope that he's gonna ask. Then nothing.

[On our way home Matt was flying! So we finally get back to the house and nothing. No extra cars there. No one is waiting. No extra lights on in the house. Nothing. So we get out of the car and are about to walk inside.. Then Matt goes "wait, I wanna show you something." So we walk around the side of the house and there is a path lit with tiki torches going down the hill onto the patio. On the patio, there is tulle hung from the sides so there was a wall to walk through. Inside, there were candles, and lights strung from the celing, and chandeliers, and rose petals on the ground, and an electric fire pit, and music playing, and picture frames hung from the celing with pictures of us, and a table set up with a picture of us, and a letter framed to me from Matt, and chilled sparkling cider, and champagne glasses, and flowers, and chandeliers hung over it.]

It was pretty much the most perfect and beautiful thing I've ever seen.

 
[So we walked over toward the table, and Matt got down on one knee, and held out the ring to me, and asked me to marry him. I said "Yes, yes, yes" and we put the ring on my finger! We hugged and we heard "I think she said no..." And Matt, my ever so subtle fiance, yelled "SHE SAID YES!" And then about 20 of our closest friends and family came out of the woods cheering and yelling! It was so great! I loved having all of our amazing friends and family there to celebrate with. It was such a joyful night. We all hugged and laughed and cheered with bubbly and ate ice cream!]
Matt did such an amazing job, and I am loving being his fiance, and cant wait to be his wife! He's such an incredible man, and so caring. I love calling him my fiance and love telling people about how blessed I am to have such a great guy. He is more than I could have ever imagined and more than I deserve. He is such a strong man of God! He loves people so much better than I do and has already taught me how to love like Jesus. I love the conversations we have. About everything. I feel like I can talk to him about anything. He is truely my best friend. And I really cant believe I get to spend the rest of my life with him!

This year is about to be crazy! New school, new home across the USA, and planning for a wedding. So many joyful things about to happen! I feel so incredibly blessed, and I am just so thankful.
To My Love

To spend the rest of your life with someone
Is knowing that they love you for you
They trust you with all their heart
You love the little things they do for you
That always make you smile
You are willing to listen when they need someone
And be by their side when life is hard
Being 3000 miles away doesn't change the way you
feel about them
But makes your feelings stronger
You know they are the one because they value your
relationship with Jesus most
And you look forwad to growing with them
While enjoying every moment of the present
To spend the rest of your life with someone
Is the biggest decision of your life,
And I've made that choice

I am forever yours

by Matt Huston
Expect many wedding updates.

xo/Austin Jean


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...ha,ha. I was checking to see if you had written a comment to my comment and accidentally erased mine! You would think I'd be used to blog things by now.

    Have fun in Virginia, Austin! :)

    ReplyDelete