Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day.

Happy Mothers Day Moms :]

If there was a way to truly thank a mom, I think it would take much more than one day. And I think it's important to tell your mom thanks every day. Unfortunately I think we forget that. I know I do. If you're anything like me, it's hard to believe anyone molded you into the person you are. Not because I think I did it myself, just because it's a crazy thing to think about. I've always been pretty independent and pretty much all about doing it myself. "I can do my own laundry. I can drive myself. I can talk to my teacher myself. I can make my own decision about a boy. I can do the dishes myself.. (Ok you can help with that)."

The true fact of the matter is that you have a ton of different people who have and who currently are molding you into the person God has made you to be. And the ones who have the most effect on you is your parents. I know my mom is someone who has been there for me through everything. Without even saying anything. That woman is amazing. She has always made sure we had what we needed (and more times than not, what we wanted). She has always been a friend and sure to understand the situation before becoming angry. She is the best. I am so thankful for her. Always supporting me in what I love. Whether that means miserable orchestra performances in elementary school or cold, losing, or stressful softball games through middle school and high school. She is one of my best friends and someone I enjoy spending time every time I can. She is the most selfless person i know and has taught me to not be high maintenance or greedy. Definitely gets the Most Laid Back Mom Award.

How do you thank a mom like that? I just hope I will do half as good as she did raising us when I become a Mom.

Not only is today a day to be thankful for your birth mother, but also the other women in your life that have taken you under your wing and taught you and loved you like a mother. Although your mom is the most influential woman in someone's life, there are others to thank for who you are. Whether they are mentors, friends, supporters, friends' mom's or all of the above. No mother should go unthanked ever.. but especially not on mothers day.

I know I have a lot of "moms" to thank today. Nothing I could say could express my heart or the value of each individual relationship I have with them. But for now, "Happy Mother's Day" will have to do.

Happy Mother's Day, Moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment