Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pearl of Wisdom.

"Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not fearing to be wrong." -Unknown

_____________________________________________________________________

I for a long time wondered how people were so confident with themselves. I was so insecure myself that i couldn't imagine being anything but. I have found that there are three different kinds of people. The Cocky. The Confident. and the Insecure. For a very long time I was extremely insecure. In the past couple years I have learned a little about how to be confident in myself.

I have learned that it is okay to be proud of something you have accomplished. And that it is good to make goals for yourself! When you make goals, you get the opportunity to reach your goals. And I don't know about you, but reaching a goal is something for me to be proud of. Every time I reach a goal, I start to believe in myself a little bit more. And the more I believe in myself, the more confident I am.

Something I was always confident in, was my ability to play Softball. I was a pitcher, and in order to be a pitcher, you kind of need to have confidence, or they'll eat you alive! The reason I was so confident in my ability, was because I worked for it. Like they say, "practice makes perfect." I practiced to be just as good as I was, so I knew if I practiced hard, it would make me a better player. If I practiced lazy, it would make me perform less like I wanted to and I would lose some confidence. Through this, I learned that if you work to achieve what you want, you can. And if you do, you become more confident.

So my encouragement of the day, is if you want it, try it. Make a goal, and strive for it! The harder you try, the closer you will get to achieving your goal. And then you will learn more how to be confident in yourself!

Also, remember that God created you. He doesn't mess up. EVER. He knows what He's doing with everything, including in you. You're perfect in His eyes, so be confident in that! You're a piece of art to our Creator, don't insult His work by lacking confidence!

<3 Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment