Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving!


I am sorry I haven't been keeping up with the posts this week.
We have been busy.

But I thought it would be nice to take a day away from the go-go-go mentality and dedicate a post to giving thanks.

Not too long ago a friend of mine told me about a book she has been reading.
{I'm not sure which book it is, but this one seems to be along the same lines as the one she was telling me about.}

The book is about a woman making a list of 1,000 things she is thankful for.


One Thousand.

That may not sound like a lot, but it really is.

She told me that she started her own "Thankful List" and she encouraged me to try to make on of my own.

So I did.

I got a new journal, and now have a journal dedicated to writing down only things I am thankful for.

What I am noticing is, when I consciously think about the parts of my life I am thankful for, my day automatically seems a little bit better.


There really is something to be said for positive thinking.

I encourage you all to make a list of things you are thankful for. Try for 1,000. Or maybe only 100. Either way, think about it, write it down, be thankful.

Here are a few examples of the things I have been writing down...

1. My fiance. 
2. Family. 
3. The opportunity to plan my wedding!
4. The privilege to get a higher education at a school as awesome as Liberty!
5. Movie nights with the roomies.
6. Coffee, coffee, coffee.
7. Holidays!
8. Naming a new car. 
9. Black Friday.
10. Christmas vacation!

That is just a few of the things on my list.
It is really amazing the things you realize you are thankful for when you think about it.


Happy Thanksgiving loves.

Question: What is on your top 10 for thankfulness?

Let the holidays begin!
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment