Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Submission.

Hey Friends.
How is this week going for you?
It's been awesome for me!

I feel so refreshed this week!
Last week was a rough one here in Lynchburg.
School was stressful and I was feeling pretty defeated!
I talked to a very wise friend of mine though and came out of the chat feeling refreshed.


I'm going to be honest, I have a problem with wanting to always control my situation. I am just like that. I'm so used to being in control.  And I like to plan. ( I mean you should see my planner, I really like to plan).

This has been a problem since I can remember. I am a control freak. Type A, get it done and done how I say it should be done.

When I gave my life to Christ I soon learned that it's not my job to be in control. I learned that in order to get the blessings that He so badly wanted to give me, I needed to give up the reigns to him.

When I first learned that, it didn't make sense to me. I don't have to control my life? Crazy!

But soon after accepting that fact and submitting my control to the Lord, it was like a huge weight was lifter from my shoulders!

That was 5 years ago.

Clearly I am not perfect yet. (Not that I think I ever will be).


This weekend though it had to happen again. For the past several months I have been holding so tightly to my plans, dreams, and future. I didn't even realize that it was controlling me! 

What I am learning in my life right now is that I have to submit to God if I truly believe that He is my Creator, King, and Father.

Not just the things I want to submit. Not just the stress, the pain, the character flaws. 

No, I have to submit everything!

That means I have to submit every relationship in my life to him. It means I have to submit my bank account, whether it is empty or full. I have to submit my dream of being an Occupational Therapist.

When I finally did that, I feel like I have lost 50 lbs.

I am not carrying around the weight of my life! Because you know what, it's not my job to carry that. And I know that because I am willing to give the most precious parts of my life to Him, he will bless me with an even brighter future than I have ever had planned!

So this week for me is awesome. 
I hope it is for you.

Question: What are you learning this week?

Love, 
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment