Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Break.

I know I have been slacking at updating my poor little blog.
You guys will never guess what went down this last week.

Wendy came into town!
{if you knew her, you would know I can just leave it at that and it's already crazy enough!}

Day two:
 She was here, we got a car!


He's a boy. His name is Jensen.
He is 1993 Honda Civic and only has 50,000 miles on him!
Can I get a hallelujah for no more walking everywhere?
Best part is, now I can apply to jobs not right by campus!

Day four-six:
We went to Virginia Beach! 
Oh man it was amazing!


I swear this is the best time of the year to go to the beach--there is no one there!
We had some wonderful food, took some awesome pictures, and we just enjoyed the hotel room!
Another thing Virginia Beach does during this time, is set up a huge light display on the boardwalk (which happened to be right outside our window!)


It was really just what I needed to get in the Christmas spirit!

Day six: 
Matty turned 20!
 It was probably not the best birthday since we spent half of it in a car driving back to Lynchburg...


Nonetheless, I am officially engaged to an older man :P

Day eight:
Wendy bought a house!
That's right! She bought a house here in Lynchburg.
The plan is, she is buying the house so she can rent it out to Matt and I and Kylie and Ryan (Matt's sister and fiancé) while we are here attending Liberty. When we leave (wherever we decide to go) she will be a landlord and rent it out to people around here and hopefully make money on the home!

Kylie and Ryan will live in the basement (which will be like a whole separate house) and Matt and I will live up stairs. I know, it sounds crazy... but us four get along so well that I don't think there will be a problem at all! I am so excited to get pictures and house updates for you guys! And then move in in August when we come back married for school!

Day eight was also Thanksgiving, which we spent with Matt's Aunt and Uncle and their kids! It was very relaxing and a nice change of a home cooked meal!

Day nine:
Black Friday.


We left at 11:45pm and shopped from Midnight until 5 am.
Wendy got me a new pair of boots for Christmas! 
{just wait until you see them, I am in love}
Matt made me wait in line at Target for an hour and 15 minutes to buy an PlayStation 3 that was on sale!
Needless to say, by 5am we were all just about comatose.
I then slept until 2pm that day!

While I was sleeping, Matt and Wendy went out and found a nearly new love seat and gigantic chair for our living room for a whopping $30. 


{yes I do love to brag about the money we save}

Day ten:
Wendy left for home. 
And our lives go back to normal for the next 3 weeks while we finish up classes.
Only a few more classes then finals. 


We can do it! 

Keep it Classy,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment