Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bye Bye 2011.


Today is the last day of 2011.
Have you reflected on what your past year looked like?
I'm taking a few moments to do just that today.

It's so funny to me that we are actually about to be in the year 2012.
Coming home for this break is the first time in my life I have actually felt kinda old!

I mean I know I'm not old.
But it just doesn't seem like it is possible to be 2012 already.
I still consider my 2002 Lancer fairly new... and it's TEN years old!
I am seeing these kids I used to baby sit that are going into HIGH SCHOOL.
I have friends with babies.
I am getting married.

This was a crazy crazy year for me.
I was away from Matt for about half of it.
I went hiking in the mountains of Canada.
I got engaged.
I went 2,500 miles away to school.

I have leaned into God for everything.
I've turned my back on him.
And I've tried to take care of things for myself.

One of my favorite things to do for the end of a year is go through journals from the past year.
What was I feeling at different times throughout the year?

It's a little bitter sweet leaving 2011.
2011 was good to me.
Faithful to me.


But 2012 I think will be even better.
I get to marry the man of my dreams.
I'll be permanently (for awhile) moving to Virginia.
I will get to see many loved ones get married.
It's going to be a good one.

I've been thinking about my New Year's Resolutions.
I've gone back and forth between some.
How many can I have?
How many could I actually keep?
And these are what I have decided upon.

One:
I will pursue and live a healthy lifestyle.
To me this is a holistic healthy life.
From healthy body to healthy relationships to healthy spiritual life. 

Two:
I will not let wedding planning stress me out!
Weddings can be stressful.
The truth is, it's just a wedding.
Why let the wedding be stressful to me when what I truly want is the marriage?

Three:
I will pursue love in every situation!
No matter the situation, love is the best answer.
Without love confrontation will turn out bad.
Without love a grumpy person will ruin your mood.
Without love you cannot forgive!
Love is the goal.




Challenge: Spend some time today reflecting on the last year. What went wrong, what went right? What do you want to be different in 2012?

Happy New Year!

xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment