Thursday, December 29, 2011

You are Beautiful.


I don't know about you guys, but I love being told I'm pretty.
I'm pretty sure you do too.

What's not to like about it?

The point is that we love compliments.

For me, words of affirmation is my most prominent love language. I don't need people to tell me good job, or that I look nice, but it means the world when they do say these things.


Something I realized a couple years due to the help of my good friend, is how little we actually share words of affirmation with others.

How often do you walk around thinking, "oh that girl is really pretty" or "I love her makeup" or "I want her hair." I do all the time, and I know you do too.

Now I'm not saying be creepy.


But if you think to yourself, "hey, she has a very pretty face" or "I love how she puts together her outfits" TELL HER!

Why are we so shy to compliment people?

I don't know, but I know I keep a lot of compliments in my head.

Let's learn to share!

In my opinion, the saddest thing to see is a beautiful girl with zero confidence.


I know we sometimes get it in our heads that we are all against each other!

That we are competing for who can be the prettiest, skinniest, fittest, most stylish.

That's why we worry most about what other girls will think about us.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when I hear a girl say "I hate her, she's so skinny" or "I wish I had her body" 


The truth is, she works for what she has.

We don't need to "hate each other" or be jealous, we need to love them and tell them that we're proud!

Our job is not to lower their self esteem, but to build it up with words of encouragement.
And trust me, even the "prettiest" girls need to be affirmed.

Don't compare yourself to others.


Seek the individual, unique beauty that each one of us have and embrace it.

My challenge to you this week--and beyond if you have the guts--is to share these words of affirmation to the people you are thinking about!

Then share with me what you've told people.

Share the love, not the hate.

Love and Beauty,
xo/Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment